In order for you to resolve the amped wireless setup issues effectively, you need to learn what the red LED light and more lights on your Amped Wireless indicate. Your Amped Wireless will show two main colors: Green, and Red.
- A solid green color on the LED emans the internet connection is OK.
- A slow blinking Green LED light indicates that the wireless router is updating the firmware, or it is booting up, or the Sync/WPS connection is being initiated.
- A rapidly blinking Green LED light will indicate that the router is being reset to its factory default settings.
- Lastly, Red LED light shows that the internet connection is not working.
In this blog, we will discuss the reasons that contribute to this error and the ways you can resolve the same.
Reasons for the Red Light Issue
Common Reasons for the Red Light Issue
Among the most common reasons responsible for raising the red light issue, are poor connectivity to the internet signals caused either by damaged Ethernet cables or limited connectivity to the Ally Smartphone App. The second issue that might affect the internet connectivity is outdated device firmware.
Resolving Basic Amped Wireless Setup Issues
While you can easily replace any old Ethernet cables and use the new ones instead, you would also need to configure your router to work without the Ally App. Here’s how you can do that:
Case 1: If you have never set up your Amped wireless router using the Ally App.
- Power on your Amped wireless router and connect to the wireless Wi-Fi network.
- Open a web browser of your choice and type http://setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar and tap “Go.”
- This will direct you to the web based setup wizard. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the amped wireless setup process.
Case 2: If you have configured your Amped router using the Ally App previously.
- Make sure your Amped wireless router is powered on.
- Reset the device by pressing the RESET button on the bottom for about 10 seconds.
- The status light on the device will begin to blink green rapidly during this process.
- Once the process is complete, you’ll need to follow the steps mentioned in Case 1 above to configure the router using setup.ampedwireless web address.
Resolving the Amped Wireless Setup Firmware issues
Furthermore, if you suspect, it’s the device firmware that’s causing internet connection related issues, you’ll need to check for any updates to the same. If you have the Ally App installed, it will notify you automatically if there’s any update available. In any case you need to confirm the same for yourself, here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Setting menu on the App.
- Tap on the Firmware Update menu and select Check for updates.
- If there’s an update available, the app will begin the installation process immediately.
More reasons for Amped Wireless Setup issue
Some internet connections require static IP settings in order to work. Furthermore, other internet connections may require DSL account details. In such cases, you may need to get in touch with your ISP to obtain the IP and DSL settings, respectively. Apply the settings on the page when the Connection Error page on the web browser is being displayed, by clicking on the “Manually Configure your Amped wireless device.”
Facing another issue with Amped wireless setup? Get in touch now!