All about the Amped Wireless SR20000G Setup Process
Find crucial information on the Amped SR20000G login process and settings
Looking for key information to help you with the Amped wireless SR20000G setup process? Scroll through the page to learn the details and begin accessing your main router’s network around every corner of your home or workplace.
Key topics covered
LED Indicators on your Amped Wireless
Amped repeater login
Amped wireless repeater setup
Default Settings for your dual-band Amped wireless repeater
A new Amped wireless repeater comes with the default settings enabled, and it won’t convey the network signals further unless you configure the same to match your router settings. Also, when you reset your amped wireless repeater settings, they are restored to the following values:
IP address: 192.168.1.240
Default web address: http://setup.ampedwireless.com
Network SSID(2.4 GHz): Amped_Rep_2.4GHz
5 GHz Network SSID: Amped_Rep_5.0GHz
Default network passphrase: wireless
The LED will remain on during the repeater operation.
Rapid blinking whenever internet traffic is being transmitted over the 5GHz network band.
Rapid blinking during internet transactions over the 2.4GHz network band.
Gigabit Wired Ports 1-5
Indicates when a networking device like a computer is connected to a wired port on the rear of the dual-band repeater. Rapid blinking is observed for the time the data transaction happens.
Indicates when a USB storage device is connected to the wireless repeater.
Indicates when the WPS feature is being used for data transactions.
What to know before Amped wireless SR20000G setup?
Since the Amped SR20000G works as a repeater, it becomes of extreme importance to decide which location you would want to install it at. The optimal installation location should be halfway between your main router and the point you wish to use the internet at.
Before you go on with accessing the amped wireless login page for setup, make sure you connect your computer/smartphone to the repeater’s local network. This can be done either by using a wired or a wireless connection. If you are connecting your devices using a wired connection, connect your computer to the repeater using an ethernet cable. The computer will detect the network connection automatically.
On the other hand, if you are planning to use a wireless connection, you can enable the WiFi on your computer or wireless device and look for the repeater’s network SSID in the available networks list. Once visible, select the same and click on the Connect button. The computer/smartphone will display a notification indicating that the wireless connection has been successful.
Finally, make sure you have the network access credentials for your main router. Details such as the SSID and password must be kept handy so you can key them in during the main syncing process.
Preparing for the Amped wireless login
- Unbox your Amped SR20000G wireless repeater and attach the antennas that come with the same.
- Connect the power cable to the repeater device and the power adapter to the electrical outlet. Switch on the power supply.
- Connect your repeater to the computer either using a wired connection or wirelessly.
- Allow the device to boot up and the LEDs on the front panel to show their status.
Accessing the Amped wireless login page
- Launch a compatible web browser on your computer and in the address bar, type the default web address http://setup.ampedwireless.com and press Enter.
- If you want, you can also use the IP address 192.168.1.240 to access the login page. If the page fails to load, you can reconnect the power cables and check if the computer is connected to the repeater’s local network.
Once you are on the Amped wireless setup wizard, you’ll see the Welcome screen. You can now follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the setup process.
Proceed with the Amped wireless repeater setup process
- From the welcome screen that you see on the screen, click on the Next button.
- Now, click on the SCAN button and the repeater will start scanning for the wireless router network to connect to. You’ll be shown a list of the available wireless networks with their details mentioned.
- If you are using a dual-band wireless router, you’ll see both the bands listed on the screen. You’ll also see the signal strength that the repeater is able to receive. If you don’t see at least 70% coverage next to your router network name, move the two closer to each other.
- Now, click on the wireless network name of your router and click on the Next button to continue.
- You will now be prompted to type in the network security key for the network you are connecting to. Type in the same in the fields you see on the screen.
- Once entered, click on the Next button to continue.
Your Amped SR20000G has now connected to a host network. You can now edit the extended network settings by following the steps as mentioned in the next section.
Editing the extended network settings
- The default SSIDs for the 2.4 & 5GHz network bands of your wireless repeater are Amped_rep-2.4GHz and 0GHz. You can edit these details so you can identify the network details easily.
- On the next screen you’ll see the fields to type in the SSID you would like to keep.
- In the Extender Network Security Key field, replace the default values with the ones you would like to keep. Type a minimum of 8 characters in the field and then click on the Next
The extender network has now been configured and you will now see the setup summary screen. Review the same and then click on the Finish button.
Troubleshooting Issues with Amped wireless SR20000G setup
Once you have set up your extender to work with the existing router at your home, you can proceed with the setup process. However, sometimes the network connection may refuse to work. In such cases, you can follow the troubleshooting steps as discussed in this section:
- Check if the home network security settings you are using are correct. If you are using incorrect passphrases, the network connection can fail and you might face issues with accessing the same.
- Login to your Amped Wireless setup wizard, check what signal strength the repeater is able to receive. The signal strength should be at least 70% or greater. If not, you can move your repeater close to your home network router and try again connecting the two.
- Check if the repeater’s DHCP settings are enabled or not.
- Change the channel of your main router to a higher number and run the amped wireless setup wizard again.
- Check if the internet connection at your end is active. You can try consulting your ISP(Internet service Provider) to confirm if there’s a downtime at their end. If so, you’ll need to wait till the issues gets resolved.
- Reboot your Amped SR20000G wireless repeater. This will clear away any bugs that might be affecting the device functionality.
- If following the basic troubleshooting steps doesn’t help, you can restore the device settings to factory default. Once done, reconfigure the network settings and check if the issue is resolved.